Saturday 17 July 2010

Lakes trip with Steven and Phil

Most of you may know Steven and Phil from the blog world. Stevenhorner.com and lightweightoutdoors.com. Steven organised a little trip to the lakes this weekend. We did the Mosedale Horseshoe today after a windy wild camp last night. All of us have taken light weight kit and its had a good test.

Most of today was very wet and very very windy. Typically as soon as we were back to the car the weather picked up and the evenings turned out nice. I've done a video which will need editing and uploading when I'm back home but here's a few photos to be getting on with. The new tarps brilliant by the way!

3 comments:

Martin Rye said...

Typical aint it. Sunny for ages and as soon as you go to the hills it's wet and windy. I gave up counting the times I got wet kit of and into the car to come home as the sun came out.

Shed Dweller said...

Same again on Sunday, woke up to pouring rain, by the time we got home it was glorious and I was outside in a t-shirt until 10pm. That's the glory of the lakes for you!

Unknown said...

I've had the reverse experience in 2010 - every time I go out anywhere (the Peaks, Wales, the Lakes), the sun comes out. It's really odd. In the Peaks, I was using the 'van as a base camp for day-hiking, and every time I got back to the 'van after a 25km walk, it started raining. I think I'm in for a very wet trip soon, if karma is anything to go by...

That said, sometimes, it can be too hot. Alps in August is likely to be hot if this July was anything to go by...