Friday 28 May 2010

Day 6

I was up early and out the hostel, across the road to Happy Days Cafe for a full cooked breakfast for £2.95, but NO it was closed for the day. A steak pie from a posh butchers, probably a better bet than a cheap breakfast, and I was off. The plan today was to walk 25km from Kingussie up Glen Feshie and camp next to an old hut at around 1500 feet. It's a lovely spot but if the weather turns it'll be quite lively.

The walk up Glen Feshie was one of the most beautiful walks I've ever done. It took me ages to get through as I was just taking everything in (photos to follow on my return). If you're into walking it's a must do. I really needed a walk like that after yesterdays marathon slog into Kingussie.

I've seen quite a few challengers today too, none of whom's name I can remember, a couple with a ripped tent and a chap carrying a rucksac I would have difficulty lifting and going at about twice the speed I could comfortably manage.

Tonight Ainsley Harriot has prepared some Leek and Asparagus rissotto for me, snake and I will read for a bit and then it's an easy track into Braemar tomorrow for a couple of nights boozing and a rest day in between.

No comments: